Following assessment of an individual night worker’s questionnaire Lloyd Occupational Health will also implement a follow up appointment with the worker, if this is required.
Following this night worker assessment process the Occupational Health Physician will produce a medical assessment for management advising on:
- Giving advice and support to employees on what they should be asking their own GP
- Identify any factors at work that are currently contributing to an employee’s Ill health or have the potential to aggravate a current condition
- Support appropriate engagement to further NHS/GP or specialist services.
- Identification of the actual cause of any absences so that the root cause can be tackled (stress at work or home, previous injury, hearing loss, etc.)
- Direct employees to consultation with other health professionals such as a physiotherapist or appropriate counselling.
- Identify what reasonable adjustments could be made at work
If a worker has health problems that the Occupational Health Physician thinks are related to being a night worker, they will give advice on possible amendments and adjustments.
Ongoing health surveillance through Lloyd Occupational Health may be required with particular employees or a one-off assessment report maybe all that is required to solve an issue or query.